First Family Photo

First Family Photo

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Elijah's Birthday

I will come back and post all about the birth and what we did, but for now I want to update you on Elijah's condition...It's 330 AM on March 19 so hang with me.
He is currently at 6 pounds 14.2 ounces. He is looking super duper yellow. :( Allison did NOT look this yellow. This poor boy is having a rough start.
I will comment that he breastfeeds for 45 minutes to an hour every time I go in. He is pooping and peeing great! :) His labs came back that show sign of possible infection. They will be repeated at 8 AM...if they are still high or are trending up, Elijah will be put on an IV and given antibiotics. When it is a newborn you never want to take a chance as an infection can be deadly if not taken care of immediately.
Please pray that the hospital stays slow and that Elijah does well/responds to interventions etc.
If the hospital remains slow it allows for better care for him and a place for Philip and I to room-in so we can better take care of our son.

No comments: