First Family Photo

First Family Photo

Monday, February 28, 2011

Bible Study with Beth Moore...some GOOD words that I just have to talk about!

So Philip and I have been going to a Baptist Church, First Baptist Church of Kettering or FBK for the past year now. We really like the church and are so happy to have found "the one". :)
I started a Bible Study, in January, on Esther by Beth Moore, not knowing what I was getting myself into! :)
I am so amazed at God's PERFECT TIMING! Interestingly enough, much of the book of Esther is all about timing and how nothing is by accident. God's power is all around us and this book is filled with references and examples of this. Is is not crazy that when we started this study it was to end right around the time of my due date...just when God knew my life what about to really get crazy!

Here are somethings that within the past two days have really hit me and will help me get through the days to come and I really felt God's calling to share.
One of them is that we are WEAK...It is not by accident that we were created this way. "God knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment"...2 Peter 2:9..."He knows how we are formed, he REMEMBERS THAT WE ARE DUST" Ps. 103:14. God KNOWS US. Hello...such a simple concept, but really!
The hardest part is being patient and remembering this. As Beth Moore would say, "what are we going to do? Fret/Worry ourselves to victory!?! No! We will only fret ourselves to become frazzled!"
So I have learned that I have got to change my way of thinking and let God have the "how will this happen", to Lord, please show me the "what to do" so we do not carry that heavy load despite whatever the outcome is.
The enemy is everywhere and is always trying to tell us otherwise. He is always trying to get at me and make me live in fear that my worst fears will come true. Because of this study I know I am not alone.
I daily struggle with waking up wondering if this baby I have inside me will still be alive? How am I going to handle having two kids? I already feel like an awful mom? Will my daughter, husband, or self be injured or killed by an external force of nature? What about cancer?
I Fear, I fear, I fear.
What. Would. I. Do? Giving that to God is cliche as some would say and so much easier said than done. However, Beth Moore, has encouraged us through living with the same struggles to FACE them! The enemy WANTS us to live in fear. Beth Moore has encouraged us to say, "If this happens God, what next, okay God then that, then now what, and on and on? No matter what happens...regardless of the outcomes and whether or not those fears become reality. God NEVER LEAVES US! His grace and love is never ending. It is so simple and yet we complicate it. So for my friends and family who may have the same issues as me and deal with the daily "what if's" remember to turn them over. Tell God what you fear...He is listening and would rather you tell him then bottle it up and live with it daily!
*Can I add this in? The day we studied fear and how to deal with it, I was listening to Pandora on my iphone and the end of one of the songs, the singer whispered in the microphone, "Do Not Fear". I mean come on! You cannot tell me that was not a God thing!
Oh I am so filled! Can you tell?

No comments: